Doggo Bike Trailer
Doggo Bike totally agrees and strongly encourages people to take their dogs out for walks and runs regularly.
However, like our dog Sischa, some dogs are not able to keep up with the speed of a bike, due to their morphology, their health conditions, or their age.
Furthermore, for longer rides over several kilometres, during many hours or days, as well as during hot climate conditions, even the most athletic dogs do require a break, and they can still be part of the ride in their Doggo Bike trailer.
Bike trailers for kids or loads do not possess the key characteristics to insure the dogs’ wellbeing, such as:
First of all the design shape, rather triangular for a kids model, is not adapted to dogs.
The base floor is not reinforced solidly to allow for a dog to feel stable, to move, to stand up, to sit or lay down at their will.
The openings are not designed for a dog to easily and comfortably go into the trailer, nor do they offer an opening in the front of the trailer as well as a sun-roof that are independent of each other.
The kids chairs do not provide a safe attachment to securely maintain a dog in the trailer, even if these chairs are removed.
These trailers do not include a safety-leash with a bungee part for the dog's comfort (such as our car seat-belts that provide some slack).
Their windows and mesh (often not available!) are not zipper-secured (often velcro) risking that the dog go out of the trailer by accident.
They often do not provide a wheel-suspension system to increase the comfort for the dog no matter the quality of the pavement.
The Doggo Bike trailer comes with two universal attachments for bikes with a 1/2" (12mm) orifice (similar to a regular kid's bike trailer).
Most bikes and e-bikes are compatible with our 1/2" (12mm) orifice attachments.
As for any other type of bike trailer, please make sure your bike's rear wheel axle is compatible with this attachment size, as certain bikes require a 5/8" (15 mm) orifice (sold separetely).
Note that bikes with a thru-axle system need an adaptor for the above mentioned attachment. This is normally available in specialized bike stores.
Normally dogs such as Australian Shepherd, Basset Hound, Poodles, Labradors, etc can be comfortably carried in the Doggo Bike trailer.
However, your dog’s weight and size should be taken into account.
Like a bike’s steel frame or its steel components, bike trailers are also susceptible to rust.
Here are some tips to prevent corrosion and treat it if it occurs on your bike trailer:
Why can steel bike trailers rust?
- Steel is a material that is naturally subject to corrosion when exposed to moisture and air.
- In winter, the salt used to de-ice roads can accelerate rust formation on steel.
- Seashore areas bring saltwater and humid air causing the steel to corrode more quickly.
How to prevent rust on a steel bike trailer?
- Regularly clean your trailer with water and mild soap to remove dirt and salt.
- If you frequently use your trailer in winter conditions, near the sea, or in the rain, apply a layer of wax or oil to the exposed metal parts to protect them from moisture and corrosion.
- If possible, store your trailer in a dry place protected from moisture.
How to treat rust on a steel bike trailer:
- Use delicately steel wool, sandpaper or a wire brush to remove rusted areas.
- Apply a rust converter to stop the corrosion process.
- Apply an anti-corrosion coat or spray coat to protect the metal surface.
The Comfort Cushion is made with the same fabric as an outdoor furniture cushion.
As for non-removable patio cushions, it can be cleaned following these steps:
1. Brush off loose dirt and debris with a stiff-bristled brush.
2. Mix a solution of mild detergent and water.
3. Dip a soft-bristled brush into the solution and scrub the cushions gently.
4. Rinse the cushions thoroughly with a hose, making sure to remove all soap residue.
5. Allow the cushions to air dry completely before using them again.
- Free shipping for orders over 79 CAD$ to Canada* or 79 USD$ to the USA**.
- Shipping rates are calculated at the check out and vary according to the items.
* CANADA: Surcharges apply to Canadian remote locations such as Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon and select postal codes in Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec, Manitoba, Alberta, and British Columbia. Any Postal Code has a 0 (zero) as a the second number.
** USA: Surcharges apply to American remote locations such Alaska, Hawaii and certain ZIPs in the 48 contiguous states.
- Items ship within 1 to 2 business days when products are in stock and ready to ship
- Once shipped, delivery normally takes up to 10 business days depending on final address
- We currently do not ship outside of the USA and Canada.
Start by reaching out to Doggo Bike’s customer service team at email@example.com
Please do not ship back a product without first contacting Doggo Bike, as the product will not be accepted back to our fulfillment center without a specific RA (Return Authorization) number on the box.